Our new e-book Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em has been out for a month, and I wanted to thank all of you for the incredible month it has been. The response to the book has been absolutely tremendous, and as of today the sales numbers are just a few books shy of double my most optimistic projection.
In fact, the book has sold so well that we dared to compare our sales to those of traditional poker books. We’ve come to a startling conclusion. Using the metrics we have available (which are admittedly not entirely precise), we believe that Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em, an e-book available for sale only at our website, was during the release period the #1 selling poker book of any type anywhere in the world. Given that the book isn’t available at Amazon or major bookstores, that fact is simply amazing. So I’d like to thank all of you who have helped to make our non-traditional book release a stunning success.
Early Reviews Are In
For those of you who haven’t yet gotten your copy of the affordable poker e-book, you might want to read what some of the early reviewers have to say about it:
“Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em is a well written, high-level discussion of no-limit hold’em that does a masterful job of explaining difficult, complex concepts with clarity and precision. It is a book that requires – and rewards – multiple readings, and will likely join the trio’s earlier volume as one of the more significant contributions to strategy books on no-limit hold’em cash games.”
Poker Book Review: ‘Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em’ by Ed Miller, Sunny Mehta, and Matt Flynn, June 21, 2009, by Martin Harris.
“There’s clear logic and reasoning behind all suggestions, strategies and tactics.” [...] “If your bankroll allows, buy it. If it doesn’t, consider setting aside a bit each week until you can afford it. At any reasonable stakes, this book should pay for itself in short order.”
Book Review: ‘Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em’, June 24th, 2009, by Chris Grove.
And a few quick-fire forum post reviews from readers:
- “In short: This is the best poker book I’ve ever read.” (link)
- “Finally…a true NLH cash game book that is filled with specific strategies to crush the competition.” (link)
- “Its full of detailed hand examples illustrating a ton of different concepts.” (link)
- “I think this is quickly going to become THE NL book to own. We might have a poker classic on our hands here!” (link)
- “Hmmm… maybe if I say the book is terrible no one else will read it? Yeah, it’s effing amazing. This book has blown my mind.” (link)
- “an excellent e-book. even for someone who knows it all” (link)
Over the last few weeks I’ve taken a little personal break to try to recover from the craziness of finishing up the book and then releasing it. But break time is over, and we have some exciting stuff coming up soon:
- We’ve been updating the book with error and typo corrections, and after we’re finished doing that we’ll be releasing an updated v1.1 of the book free of charge to everyone who has bought already.
- Once v1.1 is ready for release, we’re going to print up some hard copies of the book and make them available to anyone who has already purchased the e-book. We know that some people like the look and feel of a traditional book, so we’re working on having those ready soon.
- We already have some beta versions of the book finished for reading on devices such as the Sony Reader, the Kindle, and the iPhone (and more). When v1.1 is done we’ll put some time into polishing up these versions so they look even better on your device.
- We’ve also been discussing launching some other projects related to the book, so stay tuned, subscribe to NPA, and you’ll hear about them as soon as we announce them.
Finally, make sure you check out the forum for Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em. With all three authors participating actively, this is the best place on the net to discuss or ask questions about the book. Whether you’ve already read the book or you want to learn more about it, the forum is the place to go.